Frequently Asked Questions
1. SDK for WEB readers?
- Our WEB readers are embedded with ethernet interface and TCP/IP based. We are using standard HTTP protocol for communications, please refer to our manual’s example. Hence no specific API or SDK are needed for software development.
2. What type of software do we need to collect the data on a PC?
- To use the WEB08S, you need to setup a standard WEB SERVER with database. The WEB08S will post data to the server and the server will store data into the database. So, to collect the data on a PC, you just write a web page (html, etc) to pull out the data. Please see the sample code from p17 of http://avea.cc/spec/web08s-sp01.pdf.
3. How can we change WEB08S default ip address, the gateway and the HTTP server ip address including other details?
- You need to setup a local server at IP 192.168.1.1 with apache and PHP. Then setup the \avea.php. Reset the web08s to default, then you can modify avea.php to setup the reader. After that the reader can be put into production site.
4. The device won’t power on. I’m pretty sure im using the injector correctly.
- Please check if you have inserted the jumpers for POE injector or not. See section 2.2 Page 6 of http://www.avea.cc/spec/web08s-sp01.pdf or 2.1.2 on page 3 http://www.avea.cc/spec/web05a.pdf.
- Currently our reader can only support power over ethernet cable by using the spares pairs. The standard POE ethernet switch will not work (802.3af or 802.3at). Please see page 6 section 2.1.2 http://www.avea.cc/spec/web08s-sp01.pdf You may also use our POE-02 power injector cable with the IP reader + ethernet switch + AC power. Please see http://avea.cc/spec/poe-02.pdf.
6. What are the differences between WEB05A and WEB08S?
- Both are 125 kHz cloud based web reader with similar features. The main differences are the WEB08S have no display, no keypad and no local access table. Please see the web08s and web05a user manual from http://avea.cc/spec/web08s-sp01.pdf and http://avea.cc/spec/web05a-v2.0.pdf respectively. For details, please buy one and try. Thanks.
7. If you are using ASP server,
- please try to add the following line to the end of the request event handler:
8. What are the differences between WEB08S and WEB08S-TA?
- WEB08S RFID reader is a real time RFID device. Whenever a card is read, it will connect to the web server immediately and wait for a response. Then it executes the embedded commands in the response immediately.
- WEB08S-TA RFID reader is specially fit for rooster application. Whenever a card is read, the attendance record is stored inside the reader’s non-volatile memory. The reader will try to connect to the web server regularly and try to send the attendance records one by one in chronological order. It will try to send a attendance record to the web server and wait for a response. Then it executes the embedded commands in the response immediately.
9. What is the operating temperatures?
- 0º to 65º C
- weather resistant enclosure is needed for outdoor use